Lead generation and obtaining leads for the sales force is the guiding star in most companies and marketing departments, especially in B2B. Many SEO companies have an exaggerated belief that ranking is the holy grail but it is only one component to get visitors to the site. A website should be built based on the business idea that you want to support.
Measurements of leads
Your marketing department and SEO agency give you statistics that seem to show digital progress, but deep down you may know that rankings and traffic are not what the CEO really wants to improve without increased sales. You can reach more people by being data-driven and tweaking processes, content, technology and embracing qualified lead generation.
The lead process consists of several different steps:
- Lead intelligence - to understand the customer through, for example, search behavior analyzes in order to reach the exact target group
- Lead scoring - used to understand what kind of customer is most effective to reach
- List segmentation - segment lead depending on profiles and characteristics, buying process and season. Optimize click through rates
- Lead nurturing means that you develop communication in every step of the sales funnel, which increases the response rate
- CRM integration to reduce the gap between marketing and sales
- Marketing automation (MA) - system for automating the leads process
Getting a conversation going with your target audience
Most leads are not willing to buy just because they have an interest. A good website strengthens the brand and employer branding. But even if you can get visitors to a particular website, the best B2B sales are about building long-term relationships and rarely about pitching products. The best B2B marketers rarely use cold calls but they start a conversation to bring about a meeting that ultimately leads to sales.
In addition to brand building, the website's purpose is to obtain qualified leads and thereby increase the efficiency of marketing, which ultimately leads to additional sales.
Using the website as a sales tool
Instead of concentrating on rankings, how about focusing on sales leads and the number of qualified new leads and thereby increasing digital additional sales? How much a customer is valued depends on which industry you are active in and how long the customer is a customer. In B2B, the value of the customer is usually significantly higher than if you turn to consumers. As an economist, you usually count on gross margin 1 in terms of how much you can spend on marketing costs in your digital advertising in, for example, Adwords.
Get the marketing department to work closer to the sales organization
In all lead management, it is necessary for the marketing department to work closely with the sales department and work with data insights to understand customers' needs.
For large organizations, you need to have a holistic approach to digital marketing instead of different departments and ecommerce managers working in different silos. For omnichannel customers, the purchase may very well come in a deal but that they first did their research online. Measuring conversion rates also means that the site's appearance becomes important and to create trust in the company.
What exactly is a lead?
In online marketing, a distinction is made between active leads and passive leads. An active lead is a person who has filled in a form, newsletter or made an active choice. A passive lead, is a term used mainly in B2B, and you can find them by reading IP addresses on log files or checking which network address the traffic comes from and which pages they go to. It is not always possible to get those who are on large networks, but if you are on a corporate network, it is an excellent method to bring out several new potential customers.
There are some definitions of leads and what the sales tunnel looks like. Personally, I usually divide them into unique visitors, new visitors, active leads, passive leads and prospects before they finally become a customer.
- Visitors enter the website (passive leads) and they become more valuable if they look at, for example, the product pages (a so-called micro-conversion). They can be divided into new visitors and returning visitors. Since the majority of all visitors are passive leads, the big question is how you can create qualified leads for the sales department of these.
- Active leads make an action, for example, fill in a form or news list. The conversion rate is usually between only 1.5 to 2%. Depending on the industry, but if you work a lot with conversion, you can increase the number to 4% with clear buttons and "call to actions”. To get many customers, you also need to show clear social signals that increase credibility. It can be Facebook followers but also customer reviews. What happens when you simplify forms - is it possible to get more customers?
- Prospectus is a lead that is followed up by a salesperson and leads to a sales meeting. Different salespeople have different conversion rates and if their conversion rate is lousy, digital marketing will also be more expensive.
- A customer buy something
- A partner can have several customers and often has some kind of commission in kickback.
Patrick Cambell has a lecture where he talks about the risks of focusing unilaterally on lead generation. Obtaining leads is of course desirable, but there is a risk if you only concentrate on leads and conversion optimization - when it can be more effective to focus on the customer's life value and concepts such as.
The conversion rate
A prerequisite is that the tracking is set up correctly and to get customers to convert. There are different types of conversions. In an online shop, it is often easier because it is about getting people to buy, while in B2B conversions can be more difficult to measure.
Fonts (fonts such as san-serifs), word choice, humor, buttons that avoid "sending" without what you really get - are all examples of things that can significantly affect the conversion rate for the better.
Examples of measures that you can use when you want to improve conversions are:
- Retention ie getting existing customers to buy more
- Pricing such as increasing the price and using the buyer's and a continuous pricing process
- Sign up via form
- Sign up for a course
- The number of people who want to download documents
- Sign up via the exit pop-up
- Talk to chatbot
A tool for optimizing the pages
To obtain qualified leads from anonymous visitors and use various lead tools
Leadpages is a tool that helps you create customers from the web pages. Read more at https://www.leadpages.net
You can use Google Analytics which is free to find network addresses but many hide behind firewalls.
There are lead management tools that you can buy as Swedish Prospecteye, Prospectfinder or Link Prospector. If you want to find good links, there are tools like Url profiles if you want to pick out contacts and social profiles. With Url profiles you can find domain email, scrape emails from web pages, pick up emails from My-addr.com or social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+. Apsis (prospecteyes) lead management system. In the system, the different leads get different scores for how hot they are. You can also see which pages they have been on. If they have been on jobseeker pages, price pages, a particular product or service shows what they are interested in and makes it easier to qualify them for the salespeople.
Internationally, you have companies like visualvisitor which can track who is on your site and when. You can even get an email alert when they make the visits. They take the information from social networks like linkedin, facebook etc. for 59 USD per month. Other similar solutions are available at www.mysteryhome.com, www.sleadlander.com, www.sleadforensics.com,www.loopfuse.com, www.activeconversion.com.
One of the techniques used is True-Client-IP which is a technology for viewing IP address.
Use Google Adwords and Facebook to find leads
A slightly odd method of finding leads is to use Google Customer Match in Adwords and Facebook Custom Audiences. Both methods are about finding twins to your customer list by matching with existing customers.
Use Linkedin to find leads
There are various methods by which you can prospect Linkedin to find leads. For example, Salestools.io has a tool that you can use.
Use Linkedin to find leads
Another method that works is to put some code on your site so you can get visitors' linkedin profiles (if they are not logged out). You need a premium account on Linkedin works if you register as "Job Seeker ” which is the cheapest account. Then add the following snippet:
<img src="”https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?authToken=XXauthType=name&id=XX”" alt="" />
Where you exchange XX for your profile. Then you can see who has been on your website when you visit Linkedin.
To advertise to B2B customers
In Sweden, you will find product companies such as Vendermore that specialize in B2B and that can send ads directly to a network or company. Then you can target larger companies or organizations, but the message will become impersonal.
"Småland's lead tools" - for you who have a limited marketing budget
Find leads through Google Analytics
A budget method is to use Google docs that you link to your Google Analytics account. Then you can find out which network addresses the visitors are on, how active they are on the pages, and to sort out those who are connected to a telecom operator. Google Analytics filters allow you to filter out ISPs that do not display company-specific information.