Data-driven marketing and online marketing means that you can strengthen your brand, which means that you can get significantly more customers. Getting a website to grow with 300% is entirely possible by writing readable content through search engine optimization, well-written texts and good copy.
What are the digital channels?
Direct traffic are those that come directly to a website and can to some extent be said to be the company's digital brand strength. But direct traffic is not only the brand but behind what is reported as direct traffic there is a concept called dark social. Dark social can be a link from an email, clicking on a link from a mobile app, a bookmark or from a pdf.
There are various digital channels to process in online marketing
The digital landscape consists of a variety of channels:
- Search processed by search engine optimization - SEO is free and profitable in the long run and the source that you most often use and is based on creating content based on what users search for, but it is also about technical SEO, link building and onpage optimization.
- Digital PR which is about building assets and getting newspapers and other sites to link to the campaigns.
- Blogger - affiliate ventures and referals. Referral marketing is a method of promoting products or services to new customers through referrals and external links. Such referrals often occur spontaneously, but can also come through strategies such as outreach - which is a modern way of marketing oneself and contacting potential leads and partners.
- Pay per click ads (PPC) and above all Google Ads but also advertising in Bing gives you direct results. There are different types of campaigns in Google Ads such as search ads and display ads. The campaigns can not be left unattended, and when you stop paying, your ads will stop running.
- Display ads displays ads on 3rd party sites to create brand awareness and there are banner ads, video ads and more.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram. A big advantage of social media is that you can get demographic data about the customers, which makes it easier to process potential customers.
- Email marketing and newsletters are often an underrated channel that provides a lot of leads and direct contact with customers. You can also use direct converting email to potential leads.
- Content marketing is the overall method of writing content online for the purpose of marketing a company. Start by choosing a topic, make a content plan that contains the articles you want to write and create a schedule when the articles will be published. Make sure the content is optimized. read more about content marketing.
IN Google Analytics You can see how your traffic is distributed on different digital channels and where you actually get your traffic.
The importance of creating effective marketing throughout the customer's life cycle
Data is the lifeblood of digital marketing and means that organizations can improve their results through the customer's life cycle from being a lead to reducing customers' churn. Different digital channels can have different roles depending on where the customer is in the life curve.
The customer's life cycle and funnel
The target group goes from being aware of the product to becoming a customer (see picture).
By identifying the customer's entire life cycle, it is possible to find where you need to make efforts with content marketing and market automation, such as making emails.
Before a customer becomes a customer, they read about the products and services online and it is necessary that they become aware of the company.
As a marketer, it is necessary to find out which keyword combinations and learn more about how customers search for information so you can process them early in the sales process. By identifying occasions when many customers deviate, it is possible to process them so that they remain as customers. IN Google Search Consol You can get the keywords used to reach your site. You will find the keywords under the tab search traffic - search analysis and then you choose if you want to see which pages give you traffic or if there are any keywords.