What is a communication strategy?
A communication strategy is used to reach out with messages to the target group. Often there is one business plan which forms the basis of the communication strategy.
The communication strategy includes all the considerations and measures that are necessary to achieve the communication goals with the company's target group. It regulates corporate communication at a higher level and defines with whom a company initiates dialogue, when, how and why. It provides a good precondition for your company to be able to position itself in the market in the long term, build trust in the market and generate sales.
How do you get a more effective communication strategy?
The target group is central to focus on when writing the communication strategy and how to communicate with the target group.
A well-founded concept can serve as a valuable guide. With a well-made communication strategy, you keep track of your goals and know what steps you need to take to get it right with your communication.
Often different functions and departments need to collaborate such as web, digital marketing, communication, IT, IR, and employer branding to go through target groups and produce the types of information that are requested per target group. In larger organizations, communication plans are also made per business area.
Steps when creating a communication plan
- Analyze the current situation and how you communicate with the market with SWOT analyzes (Strength, Weakness, Opportunites, Threat)
- Examine the communication goals and the potential that exists
- Define the target groups that you want to reach and that you want to target
- Create clear messages with ads, images, copy and tonality
- Develop the strategy in various media such as the website, SEO, social media, YouTube, Podcasts and Google Ads. You may also want to use traditional media such as TV and radio.
- Specify which are measurable KPI:s as you want now. Keep in mind that different campaigns can be measured in different ways digitally. If you want to reach out with the brand, you have other KPIs than if you want to maximize the number of leads.
- Create a budget
- Check the project and re-prioritize as you gain new insights
Do you need to strengthen the digital?
If you want an effective communication strategy that suits your company, feel free to contact us as a sounding board.
We have a humble approach and will not write your communication strategy.
But we can help you clarify your strategy so that your team can make even better decisions.
In our work we can
We are experts in digital solutions and work in most digital platforms. An advantage of having an external partner is like a sounding board is that we can look at things objectively and can:
- Provide guidelines and expert support to make the communication strategy work better with SEO
- Make sure you do not lose ground to competitors
- Measure results in a variety of ways and ensure that management has the right KPIs and key figures on how different digital investments work
- Take responsibility for the SEO and ensure that the web agency and marketing department work in an optimal way
- Ensure that the department works on the basis of the various KPIs and strengthen the company in given areas
- Ensure that your advertising reaches your target audience with the latest Google Ads practices
We can make your communication strategy lift in the physical as well as the digital world.