A business plan is a description of how the company's business concept can be translated into a number of business goals. It is a strategy document with the business models at the center that shows the feasibility of the company's vision. Business planning is necessary to lead the company operationally. The goals in business planning should be set with a strong focus on the customer's experience and customer journey.
The target group for business planning can be internal to get better control but also externally, for example if the company is to be sold or to partners, customers and investors.
Look at the strategy from the outside
The business plan contains much of what an investor or a management team must know in order to make financing decisions. When writing your business plan, you should include various elements such as:
- The business concept
- The management team
- Technology development and ability to digitize the business
- Skills supply
- Streamline operations and costs
- Marketing plan
- Business system and organization
- Concept development that adds value for the customer
- Opportunity to launch or digitize new products and services
- Implementation plan
- Profitability assessment and financing
- Investigating alternative industries
- Examines strategic groups within an industry and carries out acquisitions
- Review the customer journey and loyalty strategy
Business planning. A handbook for new growth companies
Read more about establishing and developing growth companies, the business idea, the business plan's structure and financing.
Download the book
The company's digitalisation must be included in the business plan
What we can see is that the companies that have digitized their business to a greater extent are doing better through crises. E-commerce to companies, B2B, is forecast to turn over SEK 150 billion within a few years in Sweden alone. In the US, B2B e-commerce has been about e-commerce to consumers since 2013.
Digitization in sales and marketing has in recent years meant a new game plan where it is possible to quickly increase the company's future value with the right efforts. Digital marketing is business-driven and involves great long-term growth values.
Many companies have a digital roadmap that requires investment. By investing annually in digital marketing, we are convinced that we can improve ROI and strengthen the company's position in the market by:
- Increase sales by getting what is called first mover advantage and take digital market share from competitors
- Drive traffic to the website by, among others, investors who are the central hub for the company's communications
- Increased shareholder value through increased knowledge of the brand, which affects investors and various stakeholders
- Create leads for the sales organization
- Increase employer branding, which gives qualified job candidates
- Protect your brand from digital marketing attacks. A digital marketing attack could be extremely damaging to the company if negative writings start to appear in Google's search results
- Strengthen the company's reputation management online
Get digital thinking involved early in business planning
The business plan provides decision support in the long term. It is absolutely necessary to include digital goals and KPIs in business planning where the goals can be set in relation to the competitors. The digital goals can be set in real time and how well you achieve them changes almost all the time. From your business planning, it is common to create one or more communication plans.
If you do not have control over what the digital environment looks like for your company, there is a great risk that you have a competitor who takes market share from your company and even disruptar the whole industry.
Feel free to contact us if you want a ballpark
We have a humble approach and will not write your business strategy or business plans. But we can help you clarify yours SEO strategy so that it becomes part of business planning and your team can make even better decisions. Feel free to contact us if you want to know more about how we can help you!