What is Google AdSense?
Question: I want to sell advertising digitally through Google and AdSense. How do I go about selling digital advertising?
Response: Google AdSense is an advertising placement service from Google. The program is designed for web publishers and bloggers who want to display targeted text, video or image ads on websites and make money when visitors see or click on the ads.
The ads are controlled and managed by Google and web publishers only need to create a free AdSense account and copy and paste the tracking code to display ads and you get revenue per click or per impression. It's free to get your site verified as a publisher in the Google AdSense program.
Google currently offers a number of different AdSense programs, depending on the type of content you will place ads on (such as a web page or RSS feed).
Some of the more common Adsense programs include:
- AdSense for content: Show ads on a site
- AdSense for search: Display ads in search results on a site
- AdSense for mobile: Display ads on a mobile site
- AdSense for feeds: View ads in RSS feeds
- AdSense for domains: Show ads on unused domains
The following AdSense programs are available for qualified publishers
- AdSense for mobile applications
- make money on Android and iPhone applications
- AdSense for TV: Make Money on TV
- AdSense for video: monetize online video content
- AdSense for mobile applications: monetize Android and iPhone applications
- AdSense for games: monetize browser-based games